Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting the doors back on my 63 Galaxie and can not get the correct gap / body line. We've tried every thing and just can't get the right combination between body line and gap. Main issue is with bottom corner being extremely tight to hitting. We removed the striker plate to assist getting these lines / gaps first without luck.

Any advise or tricks would be appreciated.

Confused as always
Kevin

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Adjustments are done at the hinges, maybe yours are bent? I stick wooden paint sticks in all of the gaps to get them even. Maybe you need to adjust the fender to get more door opening width? Hard to tell what you're dealing with, without pics.

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
We've tried every thing
No you have not. :D

Align the Door to the Quarter panel side FIRST!

Then align the Fender to the door.

Most hinges have an UP DOWN IN OUT adjustment of a few millimeters even with locked into place nuts/studs.

The Car side, depending on the position of the hinge is usually not adjustable more than a millimeter or two but had forward rear adjustments if you use shimms. This is NOT necessary 99.99% of the time.

Keep at it and you will finally get it. But be sure to start at the rear door jamb and then follow the rocker panel forward in a straight line. That done will allow nice alignment of the fender.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts