Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I was curious to know if there is anything special I need to know or do for replacing the window channel liner in my 66 500 4 door. Any insight & wisdom is deeply appreciated- thank you in advance!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Im sure you've thought of this already...
But take pictures.. alot of them.
You would be surprised how very easy it is to forget what bolts go where once you take the inside of your doors apart.

Take your time. Dont rush it.
I know our car are older.. And one would think that means simple technology, and to a point that's true.. but inside your door there are different moving pieces parts and several different things giving yourself alignment and adjustments and it's easy to forget what does what. So in that I would say take lots and lots of pictures.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a shop manual, but I don't believe it covers replacement of the window channel (stuff that holds the window in place when it's rolled up). I don't know if I should use a bit of weatherstrip adhesive or simply snap it into place.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Terminology is always a challenge with these cars. Here is the diagram from the Ford MPC parts book. Now you can refer to the exact part(s) you're talking about and keep it handy when you're doing the work (also agree with My67Galaxie to take lots of pics).

For anyone who'll be keeping and/or working on their Galaxies for any length of time, it's strongly suggested to buy a copy of the Ford MPC parts book on Ebay. For 25 bucks, you get a Bible for this car that you'll refer to time and time again.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-1972-FORD-MUSTANG-FAIRLANE-GALAXIE-LTD-MASTER-PARTS-CATALOG-MANUAL-CD-ROM-/362639646410?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c1#viTabs_0

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts