Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the gaskets for the headlight bezel on my '66 and installed them last night. I am amazed that they did these this way, it looks terrible! The bezels I have now are not in great condition so I plan to head to Carlisle and see what I can find. Once I get a good set I plan to figure out a better way to get a gasket on there. I thought I was doing something wrong but after looking at a ton of pics, I did it the right way. The funny part is the Ford literature photos do not show the gasket...even they thought it was ugly!
Has anyone installed them a better way?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a good example, from this forum. Notice the grey gasket around the edge of the bezel between the body and the bezel. Looking at stock photos from Ford, there is no bezel showing. There must be a better way to do this without the gasket showing. It is minor issue however every time I look at it, this is all I see.

click on the link and look at the first photo of the blue Galaxie from LowLife
http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/galaxie-pages/507874-will-65-front-fender-fit-66-a.html

·
Registered
371 Posts
I plan on getting some black rubber and cutting my own gaskets using the old ones as templates... as soon as all the body work is done.

·
Administrator
21,668 Posts
Maybe they trimmed it up or the repop ones are a little thicker than the originals? Can it be trimmed with a razor blade? I've never really noticed if any had gaskets or not. But i know how once you notice something and it's your own car it's like a beacon flashing every time you look at it! Just like a certain scratch or dent, you know it's there, nobody else notices it til specifically pointing it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts