Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you guys recommend. They would be for my friend's '93 cobra. Does MT make an ET Street for a 17" rim? This thing really needs some traction!!!

From the stuff I've read and seen at the track the MT drag radials do pretty good (like Just Jim here). Problem is most of those cars are automatics. This is a stick. How much better do you think they would be over his current Nittos. I know they're better. Just how much on a manual car? Wonder if it would be worth it? I think it would.

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
While I am not real knowledgable on DOT slicks, I have seen a number of choices in the catalogs. Hoosier has two 17", Goodrich has one in 17" and MT has two in 17" One MT is a "street radial" in 275-40 17 and on is "ET Street" in 26x11:50 17. I got this information from Summit. I have only read that the DOT slicks are much better than a street tire to the extent they say not to drive them on the street due to very poor wet performace and very high wear rates. I don't have any first hand experience yet.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. My friend said he had looked and not found any. I'll let him know.

It's basically a slick that has small grooves cut into it to make it street legal (likely the bare minimum required). So yes to high wear and poor if any wet traction.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
The best DOT slicks for a stick are the Hoosier Quick Time Pros. They get really hot an sticky.

I checked their catalog and they make them in 14, 15, and 16" sizes, but sorry, not 17's.

Here are what my QTP's look like after 3 runs--yes I was running too much air (LOL):

65' STANG, 3160 lbs

393W NA, 2.78 Toploader 4 Spd, 9" 3:70 Posi
Pro Comp Heads, Vic Jr. Intake, 750dp, 236/561 Solid Cam, 9.6CR, 1 3/4" Headers, Lakewood, Subframes, Caltracs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dennis111 on 12/10/06 6:54pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dennis111 on 12/10/06 6:54pm ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts