Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my '67 Mustang coupe straight six the transmission is dowshifting way too soon. If you go onto the gas very softly and gently you can be okay but if you hit the gas a little to hard and downshifts and sticks in full rpms for a while. eventually it comes out by itself but its a huge problem when i'm getting stuck in full throttle out of a stop on the street. also when it downshifts it makes an ugly sound. Anyone have any recommendations on what i can do to fix this problem and get her driving again?
Thanks,
Matt

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Check or replace the modulator and check the vacuum line to the modulator for vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
In my '67 Mustang coupe straight six the transmission is dowshifting way too soon. If you go onto the gas very softly and gently you can be okay but if you hit the gas a little to hard and downshifts and sticks in full rpms for a while. eventually it comes out by itself but its a huge problem when i'm getting stuck in full throttle out of a stop on the street. also when it downshifts it makes an ugly sound. Anyone have any recommendations on what i can do to fix this problem and get her driving again?
Thanks,
Matt
If it is sticking at wide open throttle then check your motor mounts and throttle linkage first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts