Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice and experience help on deciding what carb to buy. Finishing new sbf 9.5 deck 427, AFR 220, solid roller engine for my 63 Fairlane drag car and need a carb. Does anyone know about Willy's carbs out of Illinois?? Need a naturally aspirated carb, no power adders. I like the idea of Willy's adjustable jet design, but have no experience with his carbs. When I called and talked to him, he suggested one of his 750 carbs. A 427 turning 7500rpm, that just sounds too small to me and my passed experience. Am I wrong? Any suggestions for a different company?? Or try a Willy's?

Thanks for any and all comments

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
750 indeed sounds too small, depending on what cam, intake, and header size that you plan to run. My built NA 434 requires a 1050 cfm carb to do 7500 rpm shifts and run out the back door crossing at 8000.

First tried my old trusty 830 cfm Holley HP and then installed a new 4150 Braswell carb in the heat of summer and gained 1/2 second and several MPH.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I would use a 950hp or bigger as Dennis has. You have some good cylinder heads and plenty of cubic inches so let it breath. That engine would easily handle dual quads.
Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts