Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace T/A radials (which melt on command) with Drag radials for traction improvement. Has anyone used BF Goodrich 235/60R15 drag radials or have any feedback on Goodrich's drag radials?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Mine seem to hook good, especially after they get some wear on them. Don't count on a long life with street use, though.

·
Registered
521 Posts
They seem to hook up pretty good once you get them hot. not as good as et streets but radials are nice for the street when going around corners. Make sure you adjust your air pressure to get a full footprint.
Bob

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FXCOMET, Your car and mine are similiar in the back with the fender overhang (63 Fairlane), what size drag radial are you running and do they fit inside the fender - any special wheel offset?

MUSTANG, How many pounds are you running in your tires?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Mine are 235/60/15 on 7 inch rims with 4.25 backspace. You need 4.5 backspace with 8" rims. I rolled the fender lips for a little extra clearance. On the strip, my best results have come with 18-22 lbs. (be sure to reinflate before you go back home!!)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Its not a matter of how much pressure I run. You have to experiment on your own by doing a short burnout until you get a full tread contact patch or a full black mark the full width of the tread.I think mine are between 26 and 28 pounds.
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts