Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
In my opinion no that would not be ok for a driver. The 50/50's are fine for the rear but the 90/10's would be the problem. It is not that hard to swap out shocks thoughit would take maiby 5 minutes at the track.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I run adjustable shocks on my 68 and I have the fronts set at 70/30.The car handles better than it did with the old worn out originals.I'm going to try it at 90/10 and see how it works.It definetly would take me more than 5 minutes to change the front shocks.Its not a pleasant job on an early mustang.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Something to consider - haven't tried it here, but if you could swap on a Fairlane shock top mount to a 67-up Mustang you can then run Fairlane/Falcon front shocks. These are post top shocks. It's then a simple matter to make a tool to compress the shock into the tower, then rotate it to adjust.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
go with the adjustables if your budget allows. I running 70/30's and they work fine for me on the street

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.