Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird combination of parts on my 1962 falcon so finding parts for it is never easy... It actually sits on a "supposed" 1959 Galaxie frame that I have unable to verify if true, but is the only information I have been able to receive. The fenders have been cut out to accept the larger wheelbase and the springs have been cut for a lower stance.
Im looking at getting Moroso springs for the front hoping to get better weight transfer but since I have no verified information on what chassis I have, I'm hesitant to start buying random parts.
Since I cannot find Galaxie springs on their website, do the springs vary much as far as width and height for say a mustang vs Galaxie? I would like to make sure they fit correctly in the control arm pockets.
I'm also open to any other brands beside Moroso that may work so if anyone has some experience with anything else I'd be open to try it.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Falconstein62, could you measure your spring width and compressed height (even though you suspect it’s been cut). Also, what motor is in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The compressed height is roughly 8 1/2" and the width is roughly 5 1/2". I had the car weighed a few years ago and the front came out to be 1620lbs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I couldn’t find anything...the pictures on your previous post didn’t show up. Can you retry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts