Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK yall lets build a dream motor. Help me decide what to put into my dream FE motor
.I have a good 390 from a 68 truck to start with but remember I said DREAM MOTOR. What about a 427 aluminum genisis block to start. Maybe Edelbrock headsAll roller valvetrain. and probably massflo efi induction. I would love 500 HP and 20 MPG. Is it possible or would this involve some power adder like a turbo? Come on yall and give me your input
After all I plan on winning the powerball soon and I will need to spend some money
But seriously I am probably going to sell my old harley and the cash is going into the old gal

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
genesis block max bore
billet crank at 4.25 for 500 - 520 ci

Tunnle port heads aluminum heads (factory or Dove) and dual 4 manifold (convert to efi, if you must!)
Street roller cam and kit.

You are above 500 with a decent cam...want more, want to touch 700?

Now add in a 200 shot of 'da juice...not a big fan of NOS...but this block should be able to handle it.

Adding turbo or supercharger to a N/A motor means a lot of replacment to lower cr, cam changes, etc...so decide up front which way to go. Natural or steroids.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really would like to stay N/A for simplicity sake. I will definitly be changing to C-6 and a gear venders unit for MPG because I love to drive my car.It aint no trailer queen and I dont care how nice it turns out it never will be!

·
Administrator
21,760 Posts
Way to think on the non-trailer queen. I'm the same way. Don't know if mine will make it to look like yours but if it ever happens I'll still be driving and enjoying it!
Personally I'll stick to the simple 390 but when ever we are at the Ford dealer I always have to wander inside and see what engines they have sitting in there and dream of one of those in the car instead.

Deb

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since I have a 352 in there now I really want to stay FE. I have the 406 cast iron shorties on it and they have been Jet Hot coated already. I love how they look and they gotta stay

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Scat stroker kit. You pick the size. I think they go from 413 all the way up to over 450 cu. inch. I chose the middle road with 433 ci. With roller assembly and 9.2/1 compression I should see 475 hp. Mileage...I don't think that is going to be an issue. Why? Cause I really don't want to know :^)

Almost forgot, I will be juicing it. 100 hp shot from Edlebrock nitrous setup and a Zex plate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gbeeler on 7/21/06 12:11am ]</font>

·
Administrator
21,760 Posts
On 2006-07-20 08:50, southern63gal wrote:
Since I have a 352 in there now I really want to stay FE. I have the 406 cast iron shorties on it and they have been Jet Hot coated already. I love how they look and they gotta stay
What this reminds me of I can't remember. Some joke or something about what someone wants and they describe what they already have.
Not a thing wrong with that just funny to me to see it in action almost.

Deb

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I know I started this just to see what we could build with unlimited cash. Like I said DREAM MOTOR! Truth is I probably will start with the 390 block and go from there. Reality sucks but with good heads , the right crank, Mass-Flo efi and the gear vendors unit or AOD tranny I should be able to build a very steetable dependable 450 HP motor and get 18-20 MPG. Thats what I would like
I love to drive my gal and a good ROAD TRIP is something I always look forward to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts