Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Surfing the net one day I found a great product to spruce up what most people don't even think about. I found a great product that covers the gap between the grille and the radiator core support. I wanted a show panel that didn't have any cut-outs since I deleted my hood latch. I wanted a panel that was smooth and without any holes. I contacted Undercover Innovations and Derel was happy to make my panel the way I wanted it. Apparently they make panels for various makes and models. They can also engrave panels with logos and names. I don't personally know Derel but I thought I'd show off what I think is a very nice product.

Here is the panel as I received it. It came nicely packaged and in a very timely manner.

Here is the before pic.

Depending on how your car is assembled, trimming the edges may be necessary. I put my car together and the front of the fenders may be a little too narrow. I had to trim 1/8" off each end.

Normally this panel is plug and play. Since I specified "no holes", I had to punch my own. I used stainless screws so there wouldn't be any rust issues down the road.

I am very happy with my show panel. These panel retail for about $85 before any custom engraving. They can be had in clear anodized, black anodized, or polished. If they don't make a panel for your car, contact Derel and ask if they will. I would imagine this install would take approximately 30 minutes. It took me about an hour since I had to drill my own holes.

Here is the finished product.

UNDERCOVER INNOVATIONS
64-66 Mustang Show Panels

Attachments

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Looks awesome!..If you have the normal hood latch setup do you still need to screw the panel to the rad support?..I have been thinking about getting one but I am a little anal about drilling holes new holes..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts