Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just confusing myself the more i read on what and how to check this. I have a 63 galaxie i'm installing a TKO600 tranny in behind a 390. I'm just finishing the crossmember mods and am close to bolting it down. Currently i can adjust the height of the tranny before i weld the last piece on the crossmember. driveshaft is at 2.8 degrees if i leave it in current height. the tranny is up against the floor so i plan on lowering it a little so this measurement will change a little.

I bought the car without a drivetrain so i have no idea the original angle. I'm also measuring with a digital angle finder.

thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Put the trans where it needs to be, then match the angle to parallel with the axle pinion under light load (street car) or heavy load (race only). Keep shaft/yoke angles minimized while doing this, and drop the tail shaft if necessary to keep it limited. When all the angles look right and are equal - weld away. Search the forums for several threads and specifics about this.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.