Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about changing the engine and transmission out of my 63 Falcon Futura and putting a 5.0 with a T5 in it. Would it be easier to get a donnor car to swap all the parts from? Late 80's Mustang? Will keep it carberated. Just don't want to get hung up on the clutch setup , changing to cable.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Oh, boy. I'm right in the middle of mine, so here's the deal. Mine's an original four speed car, so I think, "great, all I have to do is get a t5 and do the basic swap. No cutting the floor, it'll match right up to the existing hole." WRONG!! The falcon/comet shifter is located further forward than on the mustangs, so it will not match up. You're left with a choice: cut another hole or get a t5 with the shifter modified for forward mount. By the way, if you choose to cut a hole in the position of t5, you have to cut right through a support for the floor pan, so you've got the hassles associated with that,(door misalignment, body flex, etc) plus if you have a bench seat, the shifter will hit. Well, after much hair pulling, I called Bruce Couter. His website is:
http://www.moderndriveline.com/
This guy absolutely knows his stuff. He's great to deal with and I'm sold on his product. Give him a shout, tell him Doug Couch recommended you to him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts