Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering about installing a loop in my 68.If I remember right(cars in storage) the loop has to go right where the little subfloor for the seats are.Do you have to drill an access hole in this piece and then the bolt hole in the floor underneath?Is there an easier way short of welding them on?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
The loop should be no more than 6in. behind the tranny incase the driveshaft falls out. Bolting them in with good washers (top and bottom) and gr.8 bolts or better is preferred over welding I've been told.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dark are you saying to simply drill right through the subfloor and the floor and just use long bolts?This makes sense now that I think about it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That's the way I did it. Bought it in a kit from Summit (if I remember right). Mark just under 6" back (or where there is a better spot depending on the floor) pull the carpet back, drill the holes, tighten the bolts and put the carpet back.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Just make sure you use thick washers on the bolt head and the loop. You dont want it ripping out incase the driveshaft fails.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I got the loop where I wanted it under the car,drilled holes from bottom, inserted bolts, secured it, pulled the seats out, drilled holes in the upper seat pan where the loop bolts were to gain access to bolts, bolted them up tigtht, then tack welded the loop under the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts