Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to run a 351C with about 350 to 400 horse. Basically stock config, nothing stroked or to drastic. Who makes a good dual intake, and what size cfm would I need to run 350-400??

·
Registered
330 Posts
do you mean dual 4's? you may want to stick with a single, say 750cfm, single plane manifold, and to get the 350-400, get a decent cam, a set of headders, and a good exhaust. You would save a lot of $$$ on gas by going with a single 4. As far as I know, there is no dual 4 intake for the 2V heads. There are a few options for the 4vs though. you could get a weind tunnel ram, and I think offy. made or still makes a simmilar thing to weiand. I think, but am not sure, edelbrock make a dual plane dual quad intake for the 4v, but I am not sure. If you have 2V's, you can get adaptor plates to mate a 4v intake to the 2v heads. If you went with the duals, get something like 500's, because you can have too much of a good thing!

Hope this helped

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry should have mentioned that, I'm am looking to get a 4v 351c. If I'm looking, may as well look for the best.

I was figuring I'd need something around 750 to 800 cfm, so a couple of small 350-400 cfm carbs would work nicely. A little tuning and it would act the same as the single, I think..

·
Registered
330 Posts
if you want it to act like a single, why not go with the single? It would be easier to tune. But I have to admit, dual 4's look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's mainly the only reason I'm going with dual 4's... You pop the hood, and people look.. Holds no real performance gain..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts