Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out if there is a dual quad intake for the 302 that uses Holley carbs instead of the Edelbrock. Does anyone know? I've searched these forums and the inet but am not coming up with anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What I'm building: 1982 Fairmont Futura in the style of a Thundebolt.

Don

·
Registered
746 Posts
yes there was a dual quad intake with holley they were center squirters ,that were like chebys, ran,they are a shorter model as the secondaries use a metering plate, instead of a jet block, we ran this on a CMP falcon, in 69-70s i believe the carbs still available in holley catalogue, ok

·
Registered
281 Posts
Might check Offenhouser too. They used to have all sorts of dual quad intakes. To fit Holleys you have to either run 4160 style with secondary metering plates or turn the Holleys 90 degrees (sideways) on the intake. I think Offenhouser made the linkage to do this.

My dad has 2 427 Fords. One has the stock dual 4160's mounted the long way. The other has 4150's mounted sideways.

Good luck. Dual quads look awesome.

One last thought. Summit advertises a tunnel ram for dual 450cfm Holleys. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM%2DCWND307&autoview=sku

1 - 5 of 5 Posts