Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Do any of you know of a place that has white vinyl dye? I e-mailed SEM they said to send them a sample and they could custom match. However I would like to know from you what products work best and if someone knows the color code for a white interior 1964 Galaxie. Past posts did not speak very highly of the product Dearborn had to offer. The covers are from Dearborn and door panels are new from SMA.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
I know the GM dealership (Sorry for cussing) has the vinal dye make sure that you use the primer or it may crack and peel.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The white interior was an option on the 1964 XL, but not the 1964 Galaxie 500. The color was Pearl White, but I will have to look up the code.

I special ordered the Pearl White for my 64 Galaxie 500 bench seat car. Bought the entire interior replacement kit.

The Dearborn Classic vinyl dye, and lacquer paint spray cans from Dearborn Classic was crap. I trashed all that I bought, and had a local auto paint store mix what I needed using SEM. I may still have the SEM code. I will look for it.

I can also Email you the pictures of the interior, if you want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 12/14/06 9:52am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I had local Auto paint supplier mix my vinyl dye.., it was DuPont around $68 for a quart, but it worked out very well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again. You all have been so helpful with all your knowledge. How would one go about ordering this from a paint store? How long did it take. What kind of results with finish? How much product will i need to do sunvisors kicks and arm rests

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I went to the Auto Paint Store with a piece of fabric the color that I wanted, and they matched the dye to my fabric. They mixed it while I waited, and I used less than half a quart, and finish the door panels and sunvisors, and kick panels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts