Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 351w in my old girl and I have suspicions that the water pump is about to take a dive. Installing it is not a problem, however, when I started to look for a new one I was surprised at how many there were available. Anyone using something extraordinary that you would recommend? Im not sure where to begin. Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
If a stock pump is working for you replace it with another stock type pump. I prefer new over rebuild.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New...yes, yes, yes...I just went through that with a junk alternator (it was all I could find in a hurry, have since bought a new US made with decent warranty). Wanting something that looks a little nicer than the standard. Ford racing? Edelbrock? Milodon? I just dont know and I DO NOT TRUST one single parts store in Tennessee!

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
I have used Tuff stuff with good results and better price.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you want a new water pump, why not keep checking Ebay till a factory unused one pops up? I find lots of NOS stuff on there, and it's fairly reasonably priced. You just have to keep running different searches on different titles. I bought factory ball joints, new in the box, for cheaper than cheap import crap.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
IIWM (IF IT WAS ME/OR WAS MINE) Or The More Popular (IMO)-

-Translations Provided For mumbles (and others with limited reading comprehension skills)

If you are not concerned with originality (matching numbers and OEM appearance), I would go with a STEWART HI-FLO.

Keep the old casting for possible future restoration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts