Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to give a headsup to people living in the Portland area. Loynings Engine Service is running a special thru the end of the month on their chassis dyno. Normal price $125.00 on sale $75.00. They are located at 9125 S E 64th in Portland. Just off of Johnson Creek Blvd and 64th. Contact Doug Esterbrook 503 775-2999 for an appointment.

Doug is a great tuner. Ask him about an old Ford drag racer by the name of Bill Ireland. He has some stories to tell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mstngjoe on 4/11/02 10:21pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Is that for one run? One hour? how many runs can be made in an hour?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an hourly charge. I got in 5 pulls in approx 60 minutes. That included one carb adj and 3 timing adj.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I guess I got a little lucky, Toms performance and machine has a chassis dyno and they are only a mile down the road from me, they charge 85$ ? for the first hour which includes 3 base line passes, and then it is 60$ an hour after the first.

It is really cool to. they back you up on a lift then raise you up about 5 feet then back you up on the the dyno, hook you up, lock you down, and away you go. Here I am 6 feet in the air looking forward at the big opening of the shop, no ground to be seen, only the top of the cars parked out in the parking lot, he gets me going, says punch it, so I take it to 6500 or so, the speedo says 110 and I am waiting to be launched off of the lift on to the top of those parked cars, man I cant wait to go back. What a rush.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Nastystang,

You must not live too far from me. Soon as I get my car on the road I was thinking about going to Tom's. $85 sounds like a fair deal.

I live in Hockinson, just work in Portland. I'm surprised I haven't seen you driving around!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Falcon I live just a couple blocks down from where Ward road and 162nd meet about 2 blocks from Pioneer and Frontier schools.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Saw you on SR500 a couple of days ago mr. nastystang. When are you heading back down to Woodburn?

Ron

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I was thinking about bringing the big Nasty down on April 20th, that is a SAT. test and tune session, are you going to be down there?

I also heard that you got certified for the 9`s, is this true?

Ron let me know if you are going to be there on the 20th, if not maybe I will come down on the 21st and do a little movin and shaken with the regulars.

I did get to PIR to make a 1/4 mile pass before they shut it down due to rain, it ran a 13.88 @ 107.5, pretty slow but that is a mile an hour faster than my best.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hey Nasty, I'll be there if it aint rainin like it was last Saturday. I was gettin pumped to make some runs

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
The weather is looking good, I will let you guys know for sure what day I am going, I would like to go on test and tune day, more runs more likely, but I would also like to see Ron make a couple passes if he is there on Sunday for the point raceing.

Hey Walt will this be your first passes in your lean green machine? You are going to have a blast, I am going to be working on my burnouts, no roll control so I have been starting in 2nd gear to gett more wheel speed before I have to let off, there is a lot of foot action going on with the pedals in my car during a burnout.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yep, these will be my first "offical" runs.

Do you use your left foot on the clutch and brake? Or the other way?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Well I put it in second, juice the throttle and dump the clutch, grab some brake with the left foot, this is where I need practice, at PIR I was doing this and I almost stalled the motor twice, I need to let off the brake before it starts to bog, which happens when I dont give it enough juice when I dump the clutch, this is contradictive, but I am not trying to break it. Anyhow, I am hopeing for some smokey burnouts and Woodburn, practice makes perfect, and the sooner I wear these BFG`s out the sooner I can justify to my wife a new set of drag radials. YAAAAAAAAA!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts