Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is,1966 Galaxie 500 rust free car perfect interior!

Im going to add a Crites Glass T-Bolt Hood and 15 x8 steel wheels on the back with 15 x 4 Torque thrusts on the front.

Here is some pics of the new Gal!

1995 F-350 XLT SuperCab DRW 460 EFI Dually- 1966 Galaxie 500 390 4-V factory air condition.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 1/28/02 7:06am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I like it, I like it. Does this mean the Falcon is done or was it a too good of a deal to pass up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Very nice, Tom. Is that the one you were eyeing last year? Just this morning I was at a small local swap meet and a guy had a set of brand new 15x7 Torque thrusts for Ford. The grey kind. $400 for the set! The wife was with me so I didn't even try it.

Anyway, enjoy your new ride and welcome to the Galaxie club.

Steve.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
68 Stang, no the Falcon is still in the process of interior and fab work as of right now.

Im also looking for a 66-67 Fairlane or Comet - Cyclone so if you guys see anything around $3500 - $7000 let me know?

I have been wanting this Galaxie for about a year now, and finally worked out a deal with the owner.

Its super super nice in condition,its got the factory air and I already sold the wheels off of it!

The Crites T-Bolt hood and steel wheel- Torque Thrust combo will look real retro-racer on this car!

I also want to put some Holman-Moody decals on the side of the T-Bolt hoods bubble.

I like the car allot, and thanks for the welcome as a new "Galaxie guy"!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a picture of my Brother in laws 1966 Country Sedan he just got a couple days ago.

Its totally rust free and straight,but needs interior work and cosmetic detailing.

I have the rare factory trim pieces for this car that it needs.

I also Im giving him some factory dog dish 1966 hubcaps for it.

He also bought the slots and tires off my 1966 Galaxie I just got today.

I want to get a nice picture of the two cars together soon.

Its a 390 4-V California car with factory air also.

Its a nice addition to our local Ford guy group.

1995 F-350 XLT SuperCab DRW 460 EFI Dually- 1966 Galaxie 500 390 4-V factory air condition.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 1/28/02 5:56am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
NICE!!! Tom, a guy near me has an R code 66 Cyclone, sans engine. Had it bought a couple of years ago and he backed out.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey check out this Atlas tester machine that we got for $25.00!

It all works and is in mint condition,there are allot of guys who collect these old tester machines and they can bring pretty big money sometimes!

We just like it because its cool looking and is old.

The whole back storage section was filled with all the Atlas companies sales stuff,posters and directions,all the original stuff was there yet.

I think its worth the $25 bucks just to look at how the stuff was made back then?

1966 Galaxie 500 390 4-V 2 door fastback factory air.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 1/28/02 7:01am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going to run some 15 X 5 1/2" steel rims painted body color with the wide 15 x 8" wide steel wheels on the back.

I would only run the "retro racer" skinny fronts set up for shows and cruises.

I dont know how much "normal driving" I will do with this car,I guess I could drive it allot but probably wont.

Im going down to Columbus Swap in April,I also will stop by the Crites factory and pick up the new Glass T-Bolt hood for it then.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wow, couple of sweeties
. That wagon just brought back a ton of memories. A high school buddy of mine had a white 65 Country Sedan. Teenage guys in a station wagon

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes Greg, that did cross my mind in the past to have a old wagon set up to tow my Falcon!

I think it would look cool but,I have a 95 one ton dually thats really a "tow beast" and it would be a waste not to use it?

I was just looking at some of the original paperwork that came with the wagon,and I saw it was sold through "Russ Davis" Ford in California!

He is the dealer that ran some real wicked Ford drag cars in the 60s!

They are most known for there 64 Thunderbolt driven by the famous "Gas Rhonda" so it would be real fitting to have that peticular 66 wagon for a classic tow car hey?

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
You got a nice Galaxie there Dyno Tom. Something easy to drop a 10 or 11:1 compression 557 in for a serious street car <wink wink>

Seriously, nice car. So is that sweet wagon. I would do something with that wagon for sure.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Coupe, I knew you would like the new ride!

I agree with the other statement to about the engine.

I would never do anything with a FE for this car when it gets repowered in the next couple years or so,it will have new power from a 385 series for sure.

Im kinda going to start a gather more old Fords here when I get the right deals done like the 66 worked out.

I figure the whole old collection will consist of about 4-6 cars at most.

I dont want to wait 2-3 years down the road to do this because by then they will be even harder to find!

So,if I see a deal and it a car that fits my likes the money is waiting to buy it.

I have real nice indoor storage,and within 2-3 years Im moving farther out with land and a f-n big garage to have all of them home with me.

Its a plan that will be met!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Ponygirl, I like her too!

I have always had a thing for 66 Galaxies!

My first car was a 65 Galaxie,but I had it before I had my drivers license and never drove it.

But,I traded the 65 Galaxie for a 66 Galaxie XL and thats the first car I drove on the streets.

My dad had a awesome 66 Country Squire Wagon at the same time,and we would take them to the car shows around here.

So,I knew I had to get another one to relive my younger years?

I had a friend back in high school who had a 66 Galaxie that is a twin to mine except his was all the blueish green and mine has the white painted roof.

Trivia Question?????????

Did you guys know why the roof on my new 66 Galaxie is painted white from the factory?

Its becuase its got factory air and it was recomended by the factory and dealer orders at that time to keep the inside of the car cooler!

Interesting fact hey?

I got that info from Greg Cook last year when I first started dealing on this car.

Its a fact!

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Interresting trivia but makes complete sense. That is a sweet cruiser for the spring and summer before the Falcon is done. Maybe pep it up a little so it can move out of its own way and be enjoyable. Oh, and wax that sucker!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, I will bring it home by mid week and start to detail it out.

The paint is real nice,but it could use a good body scrub and wax job.

I think it will be a fun cruiser for nice days and local car shows?

It will look pretty cool with the new wheels and tires,and that teardrop hood will make it look real mean!

Ill see thats all I have planed so far for it,I think I will come up with more once its here?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Nice score, DT. Where in the h--l did you find that in Wisconsin, so rust/damage free? Someone stored that for many a moon, eh?

Shame it is so clean....ya almost have to just 'keep it' with wheels and dual exhaust, etc. etc. (and yer neato hood)!
Nice car!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts