Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my 347 for my stang, From my 302 I had a Ken Bell custom burned chip which included a burn for long tube headers, 800 Mass Air, with stock cam & stroke. My question now is, with the 347, more rad cam, ported heads, ect ect ect, is it worth having Ken Bell reprogram my chip for the mods I now have or take it to a good dyno and have them tune the timing, fuel pressure, TPS, ect. Or maybe I should get the new chip burned and also take it to a dyno. I guess I don't want to spend the money on the chip if I can achieve the same results from a dyno tune.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
well the ideal is to have a chip burned on a dyno... i.e. have the car baselined, check A/F ratio, timing ,etc... then burn a chip, retest, and go.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Yes, a dyno-tune is the only way to really get it right. Find a reputable shop that specializes in burning custom chips for mustangs, and have one custom burned for your particular application on the dyno. For blower cars, it's the ONLY way to get it right. Custom dyno-burnt chips can be worth 100hp on those cars.... and they tune in great driveability as a bonus.

Check them out! You could learn a LOT more about this on more 5.0 specific web sites, such as www.mustangworks.com or www.corral.net

Do your research and get it RIGHT!

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts