Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running an e303 in a 302 here? Im sure there are plenty of you. What kind of vaccum readings do you get, will it support power brakes. Im running a carbed roller 302 with a dual plane intake (performer rpm) and performer rpm heads.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I have a E303 cam in my 39 Ford Convertible w/ 5 spd. Tremec. The cam pulls 12 inches of vaccum. I have manual brakes MII w/ 11 inch rotors and 57 Ford 9 inch drum rears.

Idle is choppy but reasonable. Good stick shift street only cam. Mine is in a crate 302 / 340 HP - E303 cam and X303 Alum heads.

Last year I put this same carte engine in my brother's 68 convertible Mustang (not the one out of 39 Ford). C-4 tranny and 2.80 gears - manual drum brakes. Same 12 inches of vaccum and stock stall on the converter. Both have duraspark dizzy and MSD. This helps the engines to idle a little lower. This Mustang need 500-800 more stall. The stock one works, but we should have changed the converter. This is future project. Even with the 2.80 freeway gears, the little 302 runs nice in the Mustang.

Gears stall would really help the 68 Mustang. Have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts