Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into a 331 stroker. Would like to know how the eagle stroker kit is? Is it worth it or is it junk? What type of pistons do you get. Are they SRP, Are they forged or cast? Also how much could I expect to pay for the stroker kit? Also what is all included in the kit... Pistons, Rings, Crank, Bearings??? Thanks.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Buy scat way before eagle, eagle is having some issues right now. As all they do is package the stuff, its all cast in china and machined there. The last 3 cranks I did for a few friends, needed to be cut 10-10 and renitrided right off the bat. The scat stuff is casted in china but machined here with much better tolerances. You have been warned, but people will come in and praise eagle, im just relating my last 3 crank issues

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I bought my eagle stuff about 2 years ago, and it spec'ed up fine, but that was two years ago.

I am happy with the quality though, got the SIR-I beam rods.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I bought Scat. The guy I bought it from won't sell Eagle anymore because he said half of thier stuff is out of tolerance and needs reworked.

·
Registered
991 Posts
On 2006-06-30 21:54, clevelandstyle wrote:
I bought Scat. The guy I bought it from won't sell Eagle anymore because he said half of thier stuff is out of tolerance and needs reworked.
Im serious the **** is really bad right now

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well that sucks, I just ordered an Eagle rotating assembly because the Scat kit I wanted was backordered for 6 weeks.
Are you guys talking 'bout cast, forged or all Eagle cranks?

·
Registered
991 Posts
im talking about eagle period, the problm lies with them having the chinese doing the final machine work

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I have an Eagle crank and rods in my 331 and it works well. I didn't notice where it was made. It may have cast prior to outsourcing.

·
Registered
991 Posts
On 2006-07-01 14:22, pbrown wrote:
I have an Eagle crank and rods in my 331 and it works well. I didn't notice where it was made. It may have cast prior to outsourcing.
they have been outsourced since day 1, eagle always has done nothing more than put the parts in an eagle box. Its all casted in china and machined in china. All I am doing is relating my last 3 eagle cranks I worked on. CRAP

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
That's a bummer. I always support US companies whenever possible even when more money. I have one of their cranks a 331 and one in a 393.

·
Registered
729 Posts
First time I have heard that Eagle is crap. If you talk to many other engine builders,which I did before I bought my kit, they say that Eagle and Scat are very equal in quality.
My 408 crank and rods are all Eagle and the measurements were dead on. The kit is only a couple of month old.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Like I said just stating what the last 3 cranks were in a row. I will take scat over eagle any day of the week, its a no brainer. They are far from equal in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I have looked at Scat and Eagle cranks side by side. I know this says nothing for tolerances, but the "appearance" of the Scat was FAR better. I would hardly call them equal.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I bought an Eagle 347 kit 3 years ago and the crank had to be cut 10-10 before installation plus they sent the wrong main bearings in the kit.
Bruce

·
Registered
991 Posts
On 2006-07-03 09:44, bprigge wrote:
I bought an Eagle 347 kit 3 years ago and the crank had to be cut 10-10 before installation plus they sent the wrong main bearings in the kit.
Bruce
Not uncommon

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Just like cat cranks. everyone say they are junk. i install mine with out any cutting and crank is about 4 years old and i havent had any problems

·
Registered
991 Posts
I would never trust it, why people buy the cheapest stuff they can find off ebay is beside me. Russian Roulette, not for me

1 - 20 of 41 Posts