Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I recently went to install a wideband O2 sensor in my truck, and came up with a simple way to switch the wideband for my standard narrowband O2 sensor, as well as be able to switch the wideband to the passenger and driver sides easily (since I only bought the one wideband controller).

1) You will need the Innovate LC-1 Wideband Controller and Wideband O2 sensor kit. This can be found on Ebay for $179.

2) Next you will need an old O2 sensor that fits the standard 3 or 4 pin O2 sensor plug on your vehicle.

3) Cut the sensor wires on the old O2 sensor harness close to the sensor and strip about 1/2" off the end of the wires. Make sure the harness is in good shape by testing the continuity of each wire. All wires should have 0 ohms resistance.

4) Following a wiring diagram for your vehicle (which can be found <LINK>online), connect the LC-1 wires as directed in the instructions to your O2 harness. On my LC-1 two of the wires (Blue and White) were connected to the harness ground, another (Red) was connected to the harness Key On power, and the analog output 1 wire (Yellow) which simulates a narrowband signal was connected to the harness sensor wire. I soldered the wires together and sealed them with shrink tubing to ensure no electrical shorts could happen, and to make sure the wiring looked neat and tidy. Just be sure to make the wire harness long enough to reach both of your O2 sensors.

Here's the finished product. I ran the other wires from the from the wideband controller (analog output 2, and calibration) into the cab for use with a datalogger and a calibration switch. Now, all you have to do is replace your narrowband O2 sensor with the wideband and plug the narrowband O2 harness you spliced into the wideband controller into your engine harness, and voila! You will now have power to your wideband as well as a narrowband signal to your engine computer to make it happy.
-J

Attachments

·
Programmer
856 Posts
I like this idea a lot! I am getting an LC-1 as well as an AeroForce Interceptor. Technical Information It's great because this gauge supports two auxiliary inputs and I have read that it is compatible with the LC-1! Sweet!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recently went to install a wideband O2 sensor in my truck, and came up with a simple way to switch the wideband for my standard narrowband O2 sensor, as well as be able to switch the wideband to the passenger and driver sides easily (since I only bought the one wideband controller).

1) You will need the Innovate LC-1 Wideband Controller and Wideband O2 sensor kit. This can be found on Ebay for $179.

2) Next you will need an old O2 sensor that fits the standard 3 or 4 pin O2 sensor plug on your vehicle.

3) Cut the sensor wires on the old O2 sensor harness close to the sensor and strip about 1/2" off the end of the wires. Make sure the harness is in good shape by testing the continuity of each wire. All wires should have 0 ohms resistance.

4) Following a wiring diagram for your vehicle (which can be found <link>online), connect the LC-1 wires as directed in the instructions to your O2 harness. On my LC-1 two of the wires (Blue and White) were connected to the harness ground, another (Red) was connected to the harness Key On power, and the analog output 1 wire (Yellow) which simulates a narrowband signal was connected to the harness sensor wire. I soldered the wires together and sealed them with shrink tubing to ensure no electrical shorts could happen, and to make sure the wiring looked neat and tidy. Just be sure to make the wire harness long enough to reach both of your O2 sensors.

Here's the finished product. I ran the other wires from the from the wideband controller (analog output 2, and calibration) into the cab for use with a datalogger and a calibration switch. Now, all you have to do is replace your narrowband O2 sensor with the wideband and plug the narrowband O2 harness you spliced into the wideband controller into your engine harness, and voila! You will now have power to your wideband as well as a narrowband signal to your engine computer to make it happy.
-J

I set my headers up with a bung and plug so later I can setup something like this. The new style gas makes it hard to read plugs and I would like to know what my engine is doing throughout the rpm range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts