Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an Edelbrock 1406 600 CFM Carb on my 351c, and I like it. But have a slight problem. When I accelerate from a stop light or any stop, it hesitates some, then goes. That is not a stomp, just regular driving. It seems that the acclerator pump is not tuned right. Or could it be something else? We re-built the carb and it has less that 1000 miles on the re-build. How do you tune the acclerator pump, if that is the problem? Or how do I fix it if it is some other thing that I may have looked over?
Thanks for any help,
Matt
P.S.
Is a Blaster SS coil too weak of a 351C?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dr Evil on 3/25/02 6:19am ]</font>

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dr Evil,
try moving the acc pump arm connector up to the top hole (there should be 3 of them), this might take away some of it, also try another pump

2000 Falcon Ute 5.0 Powerdyne

1980 Falcon 460 Tremec**too much power is never enough**

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XE460 on 3/25/02 7:57am ]</font>

·
Registered
46 Posts
Look everywhere possible for a small vacuum leak. Check all hose connections, fittings, even under the dash if you have vacuum operated heating/air conditioning controls.

A small leak will drop the manifold vacuum enough to kill the signal in the carb venturis when the throttle is first cracked open from idle, causing a momentary bog; however, the relatively small leak will not lean out the air/fuel ratio enough to show up once the RPMs rise slightly and airflow is well established.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If all else fails, try raising your floats a tad, seemed to help alot on my AFB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts