Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Is anyone running an Air Gap with a small block in a '65/'66 with a stock hood? I understand there will be clearance issues and I need to pick my choices of carb, spacer and motor mounts carefully. Any thoughts?
Thanks,

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
I measured our 289 Air Gap + 1" spacer against the Performer intake +1" spacer that we were running on the 70. They measured the same. The Air Gap is not taller. So if a Performer+carb clears, an air gap + carb should clear too. All the carbs are the same thickness AFAIK (edelbrock vs Holley).

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Ckelly is right, the air-gap and the RPM are the same manifold, but minus the casting metal that connects the runners to the bottom of the intake and minus the exhaust crossover.

You'll have to be careful with air cleaner and spacer use. I doubt you could use more than a half inch spacer if you want to have a decent flowing air cleaner. Dropping your mounts would help that out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.