Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vintage Edelbrock F262 FE 2x4 intake with Carter AFB carbs. Great condition. Just pulled this off of a 406 we picked up for our Galaxie project. We cleaned it up and couldn't find any cracks. Carbs look to be complete and in good condition, but will probably have to be rebuilt.

Sold

Email [email protected] for pictures.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Any idea what size the carbs are? 500 or 625 cfm maybe?

thx,
Ed

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

thx,
Ed
I'll check tonight. I left that info at my dads house.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thx,
Ed
Ed,

I did some research and I believe they are 625 cfm. They are both part#2853S, which was original equipment on a 1959 T-bird 430. One of the choke horns was shaved off. All moving parts on both carbs move freely, and we were told that the engine was started with this intake and carbs prior to the project being scrapped.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ben

·
Registered
108 Posts
The intake looks to be in nice condition from that photo anyway.

Would you consider separating, and selling the intake alone, if you don't get a taker for the whole package?

thx,
Ed

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The intake is in great condition. The pictures were taken after it was de-greased and nothing else. The other side has a little oxidation on it, but we didn't want to bead blast it and alter the texture of the original casting.With a little TLC it could look brand new again.

Might consider selling the manifold separate, shoot me a PM or email and we can discuss it.

Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts