Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I BOUGHT A SET OF EDELBROCK PERFORMER HEADS WITH 2.02 VALVES. THEY SEEM TO BE WAY TIGHT AROUND PUSHROD BOSS. THERE IS ALLOT OF ROOM THERE FOR MATERIAL REMOVAL. IT LOOKS VERY EASY TO REMOVE MATERIAL TO MAKE AN ALMOST STRIGHT SHOT TO INTAKE VALVE. ALSO THE BOLT FOR ROCKER PIVOT IS DRILLED INTO PORT. EVEN WHEN CLEANED UP IT STILL LOOKS LIKE A PLACE FOR TURBULANCE TO OCCUR. BASIC AIRFLOW KNOWLEDGE TELLS ME THAT THESE HEADS WOULD WORK MUCH BETTER WITH MINIMUL PORT WORK. THE ENGINE IS A 347 STROKER, EDEL-AIRGAP MANI, HOLLEY 750 DOUBLE PUMP. HEADERS, 5 SPEED 355 GEARS, CAM REASEARCH HYD. ROLLER WITH 505 INT. - 536 EX. 272/280 DURATION 218/[email protected] ANY IDEAS ON MY COMMENTS ON WORKING THESE HEADS.
THANKS PAUL IN LA

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I would Leave them alone. They don't do too bad as they are stock. I have read where filling the stud holes in the intake ports is worth nothing.

I've also talked to different people who have told me that if you don't know exactly what you're doing, that you can HURT flow more than picking it up.

With that small-ish camshaft, those heads (as they are) will work pretty good up to about 6000 RPM max. I think you'll like 'em.

·
Registered
11 Posts
dont waste your time filling the holes definitly worth nothing but eating up your time unless the studs are hanging thru leave them alone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts