Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know much about the old Edelbrock Torker 289 intakes? Not the Torker II. I know they are old. But I found one new in the box for a cheap price. What was the intended rpm range for these intakes? Are they compairable to the Performer RPM? Or are the just old junk?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
They're intended for off idle to 5500 rpm operation, increase low and mid range torque. Actually, they're much better than the performer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I think the flow rates are about 192cfm per runner. I'll see if I can find a link to an article I saw on the web. It suggested porting the intake runners to gain flow especially if using aftermarket heads.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Hi Timo, if you find the stuff on porting the old toker manifold let me know.
I bought the Torker when it was new ran it for many years, then sold it about 4 year ago. now I found one about 2 weeks ago and goin to put it on wifes Falcon this year for racing. I is and was the best all around manifold I have ever used.

Alan

·
Registered
522 Posts
That's the intake the carb sits sideways and I ran some 12.30's with some ported 289 heads with big valves in a 306 in my 85 Mustang back in the mid 80's!!! Was an excellent intake and is a single plane good from 2500-6500.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yep, I ran one back in the mid 70s. Great intake, often wished I had kept it.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I'd use a Victor JR it will blow the old intake away........Especialy if your using aftermarket heads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts