Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth settling for the Torker II intake over the RPM? combo is 9.5:1 302, street use, 222/226 @ .050, 5 speed, w/ 3.73 or 4.11 gears. If the Torker is almost as good, I just assume go with it, b/c i can get a used one for less $. Any experienced advice would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The torker 2 sucks. I had it on an old engine with a 5700rpm shift point. I switched to a vic jr and lowered my Et. If the vic jr can lower my times on a mismatched combo, I think that shows how crappy the torker 2 is.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i figured. It looks like a piece of crap. You don't see too many people running them either. Thanks for the info on the Weiand.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
what do you think of the old torker single plan. for street and strip.with 69W heads 1.94-1.60 valves and ported hyd cam shift point 6000-6500. auto trans.2000 + converter

Alan

·
Registered
749 Posts
The old(original) torker was a decent intake...especially for its time. It is much closer to the vic jr in purpose and perfomance. back in the "old days" hood clearance was not an issue in manifold desigh
On the same note though the dual plane intakes of that same time period suck compared to the one they make now. And in all but the most radical combo's...todays dual planes work well. I seen dual planes running tens...again as is always the case...its combo combo combo

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Well said Qtrhors...

The Torker II 351W is not a bad intake, the Torker II 302 is junk in my opinion. I used one years ago, and didn't care for it.

For under 6500 rpm usage, it's tough to beat today's large capacity dual planes... (Performer RPM, Air Gap, Stealth) These are good units. I've also had good luck with the original Torker 289. The Weiand Accelerator is pretty much the same thing. These work well, and can often be found cheap... which is a quality overcoming many faults.
Smooth the plenum into the port roofs with a grinder for best results using these intakes. Spacers are good too. These, along with the old Offy Port-O-Sonic (289-302) are about the only 'old' intakes I'd use on a 289-302. The Offy, with a little blending to the plenum, can be a serious contender. As for the rest of the Offy line, forget it!

Good Luck!

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/healey/367

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: n2omike on 2/20/02 2:40am ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts