·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,811 Posts
From the ad

Break-in Oil: Includes six quarts of Edelbrock Performance SAE30, #1070; NOTE: customer must add oil before start-up

These things are written from experience LOL somewhere, there is a guy who bought a crate motor, was given oil, and couldn't figure out it needed to go in the motor

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe he used the oil as a rust preventative for the outside of the motor?!?!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
From the ad

Break-in Oil: Includes six quarts of Edelbrock Performance SAE30, #1070; NOTE: customer must add oil before start-up

These things are written from experience LOL somewhere, there is a guy who bought a crate motor, was given oil, and couldn't figure out it needed to go in the motor
I'm also pretty sure they take more than 6 qts. My old 2V takes that, and my dad's 3V 5.4 takes 7 qts. I'd imagine with the VCT on two cams more oil would be needed.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty sure the standard Coyote takes 6. My "Road Runner" version in the Boss 302 takes 8.5 but has a larger pan. Ford Racing sells a 12 QT pan.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Ford Racing's 444 hp coyote comes with a 8-1/2 qt pan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The information you have be situated given is all true however. You might precise it with a clutch alteration (could have a stretched cable), it power have a shifter issue (could be external at the top of the tailhousing or an internal problem) or you could have ground away the syncronizers and the gear's engagement teeth. These issues affect all manual transmissions, no matter what brand.
PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts