Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our neighbor sold his 2001 Ford F350 PowerStroke, and took the "Chip" out of it before, and gave it to us. But it does not work with our F250 Powerstroke. I would like to find out more about this specific chip, as I would like to put it on EBAY. I have not been able to find anything through Google, so any source or info would be really Great!
It is "EEC_2_1 / EEC Tuning Module"
Thanx!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
seems the chips would somtimes fit loose on the curcuit board of the pcm and cause some driveability probloms,if got the hard chips on both of my super dutys and love em,i also have a "BAG OF CHIPS",ranging from 75 hp to 150 hp,chips have to be burned for a pcm calibration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My suggestion is: Get another truck with a gasoline engine, diesels smell, smoke, are noisy, are expensive to have repaired, and don't run very well. Plus their intended purpose is for working (HEAVY TOWING,PULLING) not pleasure. Don't mean to offend ya just my opinion, I hate diesel powered pickups with a passion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You sound like my husband, but we have a 27 ft 5th Wheel camper, and we needed something powerful enough to tow it in the mountains. He had a GMC Z71 and when we went to the smoky mountains, we were not sure if we were going to make it up to Gatlinburg! The next trip to Tennessee, we borrowed a Deisel from a friend, and barely felt it back there! So we came home and bought one.

·
Registered
123 Posts
On 2006-09-16 05:22, tvbveb wrote:
My suggestion is: Get another truck with a gasoline engine, diesels smell, smoke, are noisy, are expensive to have repaired, and don't run very well.
Total crap!

That may have been true 30 years ago, but its not now. The 7.3 powerstrokes are plenty quiet, dont smoke, and have lots of power. We had 4 diesels from 1982-1994 models, total 800k miles, and even they didnt smoke, werent particularly noisy. That's 20+ year old technology without the accused problems.

In late 2003 we towed a 3700lb car/trailer at 65mph and got 15mpg in a 1992 Chevy diesel. My buddys 97 454 gets 8mpg towing anything. Current diesel has 197k still goin strong, no major repairs in the last 135k.

·
Registered
391 Posts
you will prob be better off just getting your self a programer from
superchips or hypertech,dont go over 80 hp while pulling heavy loads

1 - 7 of 7 Posts