Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks
been getting alot of info from the forum thanks to all helping me.I found the computer on my car located in front right pilar cavity under the kick panel ..what suprised me is the computer is not screwed down and is just stuffed in the hole ,I have a Ford manual and it shows a picture of the ECC held on with 2 screws or nuts and has arrow pointing to the bracket and says ground.Now that means I have been trying to get this car running without the computer grounded properly?I had to replace COIL<DIST<MODULE and finally strted car sounds great with spout disconnected yet when spout connected it just runs like crap.So through your advice I started tracing yellow spout wire to pin #36 on computer.Now when i go to take computer out I find some moron put this computer in without fastening it down.So I need to find out what is involved in installing computer back in right with the 2 screws at top of case or bracket to the body.Thanks much

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
You can try to get a OEM mounting bracket from a wrecking yard but you really dont need it. The computer doesnt need to be bolted to the chassis...it's a good idea so it doesn't bang around, but the bracket itself (plastic) is not a ground. The computer is grounded by a ground wire in the harness which should of course be screwed to the chassis with a star washer on a unpainted area to ensure good contact.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts