Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good source of information on the EEC-V? Internet site, books, forums....anything?????

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, my questions (so far) is:

What is the difference between these EEC-V's? (1999 Lincoln Navigator 5.4 DOHC)
1. ID XL1F-HC
2. ID XL1F-HD
I thought of maybe one Heavy Duty model or maybe 2 wheel drive vs 4 wheel drive?

Next question:
My starting point is a EEC-V from an automatic shifted Navigator. Setup will end up with manual T45 trans, no EGR, no cats and therefore no oxygene sensors after it and no VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor). Can I get a custom chip to handle all these changes or would another engine computer be preferred as a starting point. Emission regulations is not an issue.

Difficult questions, but the easy way out ain't my way. And (I guess) not yours either since you like fast cars.

Thanx for any info you can provide.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Not sure what the difference between the two serial #'s are. As far as the computer, you might want to consider the processor form a Cobra mustang. A better bet might be a stand alone laptop programmable unit from several aftermarket vendors. I know Accel has one. Type in "fuel injection controller" or .."computer on your browser.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not interested in any aftermarket controllers, as they don't have the features the EEC-V's have. I'm thinking of short term strategies, long term strategies and adaptive controls. And this is what I need in my setup. Any aftermarket systems having these features is way out of my budget. The way I see it, there is only one area aftermarket is better than stock ECU's. Aftermarket is way easier to reprogram, other than that....Nothing.

The Mustang Cobra computer is under consideration..

Doc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts