Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've done a lot of searching and just thought I should post up my individual situation.

I have a donor 1988 Ford Thunderbird 5.0L with a crappy auto tranny. My intention is to just pull the motor and whatever other pieces I'll need and swap them into my 66.

I have all of the info I need in regards to wiring, o2 sensors, oil pans/pickups, fuel pumps, inertia switches, belts, etc. For those who are knowlegable about the subject, what will I need to convert this to a Mass Airflow Sensor type system? What do you recommend for a header solution?

Thanks guys!

-Matt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: matt1190 on 6/14/06 10:59pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: matt1190 on 6/14/06 11:31pm ]</font>

·
Registered
123 Posts
You'll need the MAF, MAF 'puter and a little wiring. The MAF conversion info is out there.

Use vintage mustang 289-302 headers

·
Registered
6 Posts
91-93 MN12 Thunderbird Headers fit in my 71' very well, they tucked around the steering box like they were made for the job. Fox Mustang headers interfere in this regard.
I can send you photos if you like
Pete

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pete can you send pics, I am doing a EFI conversion in a 68 coupe for the wife....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts