Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a guy in the Vintage mustang Forum that provided me with a good write-up on the Mustang EFI wiring harness.
It includes a EEC pin out with colors for the different years.

Information on what sensors can be removed and how to take the plugs apart. Several pictures also.

I had some questions about a few wires at the Brown connector by the Master cyl, I know what they do now. But still fuzzy on how to hook them up. But it seems as many people run the EFI without them. So, I will leave them in place and figure it out later if need be.

The 3 wires I'm questioning have function of sending and recieving signals to the EEC to speed up the RPM when the clutch is in with the car moving.

White/purple
Purple/white
Gray/Red
All at the Brown plug

If you have info how you hooked them let me know.

If you want a copy of the file he sent me, shoot me a PM with your Email and I will fwd it to you.
He gave me permission to send it out as needed.

Jet

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having trouble I installed a 88 mustang none maf into my 66 I can't figure out which wires to hook up for my ignition switch I've already burnt up a switch an starter relay getting frustrated thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
I'm having trouble I installed a 88 mustang none maf into my 66 I can't figure out which wires to hook up for my ignition switch I've already burnt up a switch an starter relay getting frustrated thanks for the help.
I agree - start a new thread for answers. The ignition switch feeds four primary relays. Start your thread and we can post the info specific to your issue.

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts