Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be putting a 89 Mustang 5.0 HO with GT40P heads into my 79 Ranchero. I bought a complete engine less the computer, MAF sensor and the harness was cut at the firewall. What year's and vehicles harness's should I be looking for for my future swap? TIA

·
Registered
538 Posts
Painless wiring makes a harness just for what you're doing,newer engine,older car.It's a stand alone harness that doesn't have the un needed crap.There are Mass Air Harnesses on E-Bay as we speak going pretty cheap.Look under parts and accessories for 88-93 Mustangs.There's one ending soon.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, thats the one I'm watching. I just needed to double check that 89-93 was good. I can rework the harness for my needs but can't spend a lot, you have to become a little frugal when you retire. being old sucks

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Summit Sells a stand along harness from Ford Racing for $198.00 I bought one for my Comet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
On the harness From Summit make sure you know what engine harness you will need. The harness from summit was the one Ford Racing used to sell they discontinued it as they ran out of engine harnesses to go with it, If I am correct you need a 92-93 Mustang Engine harness to mate up to the Stand alone harness from summit, This is what my research came up with Please just check before you buy, call Ford racing Tech not summit as the person I spoke with at Summit didn't even know you had to have an Engine harness to go with it.

The Fordfuelinjection.com Harness looked like a good set up there web site is great but Ryan quit answering my E-mail questions so I wound up buying the Painless Harness. I just recieved it, it looks very simple, But I have not installed yet.

If you go to the painless web site you can down load the Instruction book and start reading up on it.

Joe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mgbss on 7/29/06 6:41pm ]</font>

·
Registered
54 Posts
what is there to eliminate or to ignore on the ((ford motor sport)) , stock mustang harness

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonyD on 8/30/06 6:53am ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts