Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Ok im not crazy, just want to go from a weak and tired efi to a slightly built carb 302. I think i have it mostly figured out except for a few items, any help much appreciated.

1. fuel pump - I was hoping to install a T fitting just before the carb with a 6-7psi regulator (on the carb side), then a slightly higher 9-10 psi for the return to the tank (allowing me to use my existing dual tank pumps?)

2. I hope to use all the existing alt / p/s a/c and sensors for my oil and water temp, so leave the computer pluged in even though it really wont be controlling anything?

3. distributor - Do I just need to find an ignition switched wire to run to the pos coil, or is there more involved.

Id appeciate any help / comments
thanks
John

·
Registered
201 Posts
Can't say for sure about the Ford EFI to carb conversion, but I just did my 318 Dodge PU that way, and switched to manual transmission and I love it. Use AutoMeter mechanical gauges and sending units and eliminate the computer entirely. I'm using a points-type distributor, but because the 318 distributor is at the back of the engine and difficult to change points, I put in a Pertronix unit. Ford points are EEEEAAAASSSSYYYY to change.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you use a regulator for the electric pump, make sure you get one with a return line. Mallory makes one. I'm doing the same thing to my Mustang.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You could just do a Speed Density EFI to Mass Air EFI conversion. That is what I did, gained HP, Throttle response, and 2-3 MPG!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts