Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the Mark 8 electric fan.My ? is with the diode that I was told I need to use so I don't burn the relay out. +\- wires from the electric fan. On the diode(black part) there one end that has a silver strip does the end with the silver strip get soldered to the + or to the - wire

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no there is no control unit its just a 3/8 NPT sensor thats 185 on 170 off and the wire from there goes to a relay

·
Registered
194 Posts
ok, when i install mine, i screw to the manifol intake to, but whit the heat of the engine the fan dont come off, so i make a piece of tube and drilled for scew the 3/8 sensor, i cut in two pices the radiator hose and install the piece of tube betwen the two hoses, whit that the 3/8 sensor keep out of the heat of the intake and the temp reads was more real, so the fan come on and off now, but some firend said to me that i make a mistake, for get a right function of the fan on and off, i need to put the piece of tube and the 3/8 sensor also, in the return radiator hose, why? becasue when the water come out of the radiator and go to the engine the sensor reads the temp water, if the water is cool the sensor stops the fan, and when the water is hot the sensor star the fan, believe me its the best location for the sensor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts