Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Here is a simple electric fuel pump mount that mounts the old Holley style electric fuel pump underneath a '65 Mustang. I wanted to mount the pump near the fuel tank outlet, but I also wanted to be able to remove it easily for service.

This is the Summit fuel pump that I would be using. It is basically like the Holley red, blue and black fuel pumps. It comes with a mount, but there was not a good place to mount it underneath the '65 Mustang I am working on:

I made a simple bracket from 2" x 1/8" thick angle iron. I drilled the holes that would bolt the pump mount to the bracket, and also the holes that would hold the bracket to the floor. I then welded 1" long 5/16" studs into the holes to make installation far easier than using bolts:

I drilled the holes that would hold the bracket in the floor of the car, the holes would also pass through the fuel tank mounting flange:

The bracket was now bolted to the floor:

The pump is bolted to the bracket:

Bottom view:

I installed a filter before the pump because one of the things that will kill an electric pump is trash, so a little insurance now will pay off later:

We now have a simple, sturdy mounting system that is easily serviceable, and looks pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
nice execution with the studs and all, similar to what i did on 'The Turd'

how loud is the Summit pump? my Holley Blue's annoying as all get-out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What you might want to do is get some flat rubber sheets and cut them to go between the bracket and the frame, as well as between the bracket and the pump. That'll help to some extent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What you might want to do is get some flat rubber sheets and cut them to go between the bracket and the frame, as well as between the bracket and the pump. That'll help to some extent.
X2, the vibration will carry through the floor like crazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts