Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of people looking for cooling solutions for their cars. I have been using the fan below for some time on my 67 331 stroker and it works great. I can’t be sure of the air flow claim but it moves a lot of air and only pulls 18 amps DC both fans together which is less than the item says. I don’t know the person selling this fan but have bought several items over the years without problems. The price is very reasonable. I mounted my with some 1" aluminum angle on the sides and 3/4" alum angle on the top and bottom to box it in and make it so it has no give in the middle. It is bolted to the radiator only on the sides where the shroud would bolt on.

Dual 11" Electric Radiator Cooling Fan Extreme Twin HD | eBay

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Running the single Tarus/Contour/Sable wagon fan myself, really wanted a dual set up as i figured the dual fans would leave more clearance at the water pump snout. I had to grind on the water pump shaft end to make some clearance, its really that close to the fan, i know it has touched as i can see a little kiss mark on the fan cover
I may have to get one of those, very cool looking set up
How are you controling on/off?

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will give you a lot more clearance in the middle. I am using a Derale controler that screws into the intake water passage. It has a 30 amp relay that is feed directly from the battery and it also has an over ride for the AC. $35. This fan has rubber flaps that close when the fans turn on so more air is pulled through the radiator an when the fans are off the flaps let air pass through the radiator.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Those flaps are a great idea, they probably get forced open at speed too, allowing air to flow through.
The Taurus fan shround covers my whole rad, & i think if i added flaps, with some kind of stiff hinge which would allow them to open at cruise, i;ll bet my fan would shut down when movin down the hwy
Very nice

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I was wondering about the clearance in the center too. I have a pusher fan on my 64 falcon cause there is no room on the engine side. I only have 1 3/4" between the heads of the WP pulley bolts and the radiator now. I could do some modification to the core support to get more. Right now my car is strip only and I am suspect of the cooling ability of the setup I have now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts