Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after starting the 63 up a few times and fixing the gas tank leak i started to install oil/water gages and screwed the instrument/spedometer cluster back on. went to start her and "click,click, click...."

The only wires i had moved/touched were under the dash. What would cause the car not to start and behave this way? I can her the starter solenoid make the clicking noise but engine isn't turning over.

could i have moved a wire that is causing it to short out, would this create this?

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
695 Posts
Not sure what wires under the dash would cause the starter solenoid to click, but a dead or really low battery will do that. Maybe the battery got drained from all the starting and hasn't had a chance to recharge yet. You could try to jump it and that will tell you if it is a battery problem.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Chheck the connections on the back of the ignition..Those gremlins are a real PAIN. I had to put on a QUICK connect switch (it was worth it) don't have to charge the battery if I want to go for a ride.. GOOD LUCK ..

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Possible could be battery? It was fully charged and i disconnect it every night. Had less than a dozen starts on battery. At first i thought i roached the s.solenoid and put a new one on, same issue. then i tried to turn engine over at s.solenoid by touching the battery post to "S" post. Nothing there either.

Was wondering if starter may be stuck?

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Just check the battery voltage and report back.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Battery was dead!!! Honestly with all the electrical issues i had i was looking for the bad not the easy. My voltage meter took a **** on monday so really had no way of knowing what i had.......at least it was an easy fix.

I knew when i couldn't jump it at the S.solenoid i should have tried another battery

thanks
Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts