Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night the wife was out in the Torino when she calls me that it was dead as in no start, lights, nothing. Went to help out found battery was good so I jumped the solenoid and everything is ok now. Question is does that mean the solenoid is going or do I have some other problem. All the cables are new and tight so i know that I don't have a problem there, Any thoughts would be appreciated , thanks. Also who sells a quality replacement besides the local Kragen or Autozone I am not to happy with either of those electrical parts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: valleydude on 12/17/06 10:21pm ]</font>

·
Registered
279 Posts
sounds like you have other problems, the solenoid has nothin to do with the headlights, etc....

·
Registered
293 Posts
It sounds like a bad connection. You should have a few smaller wires connected to the same post on the solenoid as your pos. battery cable. These are fusible links that supply power to your fuse box and all your accessories. If they dont have power you wont have lights, radio, etc. I would reccomend removing and cleaning the connections at the battery. They might look good but it doesnt take much to stop current flow. Also make sure you have a good ground, Battery to engine to frame and body. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all cables are new and tight no corosion at all good ground I am still leaning towards a stuck solenoid as the positive cable from the battery goes to it first

1 - 4 of 4 Posts