Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of doing a head swap. I'm going to eliminate the smog pump and all other egr accesories while I'm at it. This is my first fox body efi car and I'm not sure what I can get rid of without hurting the performance. Can someone give me a run down of what I can take off without affecting the computer system or anything like that. Thanks in advance. B

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay...that was odd! I replied but nothing showed up! Anyway, back when I removed my emissions equipment, I installed DAR Windsor JR heads. I had to purchase blind inserts for the front and back of the heads. The blind inserts in the back filled in the holes where the AIR Pipe that attaches to the stock heads meet. The inserts for the front (they are threaded on the inside) allowed me to attack my accessories. After I removed that part of the emissions equipment, I took the rest off. Make sure you block off where the other pipe attaches to the h-pipe. Since then, I've experience no computer, idle or drivablity problems.

Good Luck!

Clay

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only time my check engine light came on (since purchasing the car 18 years ago!) was when changed my stock headers to 1 5/8" shortie headers. Oh, I have full length headers now (love them!)...anyway, I used one of those cheap code scanners and used it's "clear stored codes" function to clear my check engine light...haven't seen it come on ever since!

Clay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts