Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from the UK and bought a 351c from a private ad in a magazine last year. I know the date of the engine build (1972) but would like to know more about the car code or the engine. The seller said he bought it from a friend who removed it from a Mach1 mustang. The code is 73FO5H103344 can anyone tell me anything from this code?
If it is possible is there a way to prove the engine I have came from the said car? I will be registering a car with this engine and need to prove what it is and its year of manufacture. The original ident sticker on the rocker cover is well gone!

Thanks Lee

·
Registered
242 Posts
Im not 100% sure but I think the 73 will be the year of the vehicle, the F is for Ford
05 designates Sportsroof Mach 1, H is 351 2bl and the 103344 would be the vehicle production number.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Usually the blocks were stamped with a partial VIN of the car. Look on the back of the block just below the deck. Not sure of the Clevelands, but the other small blocks ad the number stamped on a pad on the top of the block at the back of the intake If the engine is orignally from that Mustang it should have 3F103344 stamped into it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts