Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I had a big question..will the 750 lbs engine stand hold my 289??I heard they weigh bout 465 but I'm not sure if that's Juss the block alone or with all the Pistons,cams,heads and everything else..really appreciate your feedback thanks..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Heck yeah...I have a 750lb stand that I used to build my 351w and they weigh about 525lbs(complete) I had everythig on except the carb and headers. I would also use grade 8 bolts to bolt it to the stand.

So to answer your question, 465lbs is what a 289/203 weighs completely together.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
You should be fine.

If you are buying one, I would recommend a 4 legged stand (base shaped like an "H") over one that only has 3 legs (base shaped like a "T".) More sturdy and less apt to tip.

·
Registered
804 Posts
You should be fine.

If you are buying one, I would recommend a 4 legged stand (base shaped like an "H") over one that only has 3 legs (base shaped like a "T".) More sturdy and less apt to tip.
Absolutely, if you get into big blocks or complete engines that exceed 600lbs the "T" stands do get pretty wobbly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.