Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2002 GT and have a 347 stroker that needs a new home. The car has a 5 speed manual trans. Seems to be little or no info available about what is involved in what should be a commond swap. Anyone know where to look on the internet or have first hand experiance with this swap?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am adding what little INFO I have aquired to maybe prompt some constructive input. First the K member must be swaped from a 94-95 Mustang which will provide usable engine mounts. Seems as if everything from 94-95 year cars will swap over. Some how I can't believe it is all just that simple.
Still waiting for some comment. thanks

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I think you will need a new tranny also. If I remember right the 3650 has an integral bell housing and since its a mod motor pattern it won't work.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
You WILL need a different transmission. And like the rest said a 94-95 K-member. Also a H or X pipe for a 94-95.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i don't think it is going to be as easy as that ...

carbed or efi?

efi: you will need to worry about the distributorless ignition/coil on plug thing; you'd probably be better off getting a T4M0 or J4J1 computer from a 94/95. then you'll need the harness for it ...

carbed would probably be a lot more straightforward.

if the car has a 4R70W, then a 1999+ v6 4R70W bell housing fits the 347

then there is the problem of hooking up the older computer to the newer instrument panel ...

contact the guy here: SorsCodes WebSite

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
i was kinda wondering the same thing, if i could pick up a v6 mustang or a v8 later model with a junk engine or trans, and swap in a pushrod sbf and 5spd, sounds like it would be fun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts