Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a question i have a 1993 351w i want to use in my 1972 torino with a 302 and c4 what all will i have to change thankyou

·
Registered
917 Posts
Pretty easy actually. Big issue is are you going to stay with the EFI? Engine bolts up. Might need a bigger radiator. Use the 351W manifolds and the exhaust system will need to be changed a little due to higher block on the 351W. Suspension and everything else can stay the same ads the engine weight almost the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty easy actually. Big issue is are you going to stay with the EFI? Engine bolts up. Might need a bigger radiator. Use the 351W manifolds and the exhaust system will need to be changed a little due to higher block on the 351W. Suspension and everything else can stay the same ads the engine weight almost the same.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Use the 302 flex plate, Both engines are 28oz but the 351 uses a 164 tooth flex plate and the C4 wants a 157tooth flexplate from the 302.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Front sump is easy change over, Pan, Oilpump pickup tube. You might want to change the oil pump and drive shaft to it now since you'll have it apart.
Since you said a carb, you'll want to use the 302 timing cover. It has the mechanical fuel pump set up all ready there. Unless you're going with an electric pump. And my thoughts also, change out the timing gears and Vib damper while the front end is apart along with a new water pump. Everything is 28 years old. Have to remove it anyway.
I know the cost is adding up, but a lot easier right now then 3 months down the line when it's in the car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Front sump is easy change over, Pan, Oilpump pickup tube. You might want to change the oil pump and drive shaft to it now since you'll have it apart.
Since you said a carb, you'll want to use the 302 timing cover. It has the mechanical fuel pump set up all ready there. Unless you're going with an electric pump. And my thoughts also, change out the timing gears and Vib damper while the front end is apart along with a new water pump. Everything is 28 years old. Have to remove it anyway.
I know the cost is adding up, but a lot easier right now then 3 months down the line when it's in the car.
There is one issue if you use the mechanical fuel pump you also have to have the fuel pump eccentric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts