Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend just offered me first shot at his stock tri-power from a 62 Ford that he junked in the 80s. His price was way over the top and wasn't worth it to resell and this is why I have no interest in ever using tri-power again. This was my 25,000 mile great running 1969 427/435HP Vette. No clue there was any problems with the carb but one day it backfired and the starter was too hot to crank fast enough to suck down the flame. Flames were shooting out before I even realized what was happening. I had a small carb fire in my 66 GTO also. If you own an older car, ALWAYS CARRY A FIRE EXTINGUISHER even if you don't have a tri-power.

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
Barely can afford gas for 1 carb ,why would I want to buy for 3 of them. The 1 carb get the ole gal up to 70mph with no problem.. If I'm in a hurry to get somewhere I just leave earlier.. SORRY ABOUT YOUR VETTE..​

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Why would I switch? My 406 came with Tri-Power. Never had a problem since 1964 when I bought it used off of a Rambler Dealer's used car lot. Sorry about the Vet. Hope you had it insured.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I love my Galaxie, and wouldn't trade it for any Impala, Bonneville, Cutlass, Fury, etc.

But, my 65 Corvette was, and always will be, my favorite car ever.

IMHO, it was one of the best looking Vettes ever, in what I consider to be the all time top Corvette color, Nassau Blue (in and out), a convert with two tops.

Car was downright slow for a Vette (327/300, 3:08 rear), but getting in that car, top down, and running her through the gears...priceless.

But, at carshows today, Stingrays are fairly common. Not so for Galaxies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts