Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out!

<A HREF="http://flowtechnologies.net/EXM%20514.htm" TARGET="_blank">EX 514 EXTREME PERFORMANCE BIG BLOCK FORD CYLINDER HEAD!!
</A>

·
Registered
330 Posts
That's pretty sweet! No price though. Do you know how much a pair of the top end ones would run??

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check later tonight and post it. They are serious heads just right for a "certain" 557

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a respose to the question on network54 385 series forum:

ex514 pricing
by jason (no login)
They are 1800 bare. I've already looked into them and those are the heads I will be purchasing shortly. Flow Technologies wants $2990 for the heads assembled with the proper valve job and bowl blending. The fully ported version is very expensive 4k+. The headers you will need are the same as the A460 as well as the intake. I've looked into headers and it is going to cost $900 to get headers made for my fox-body that are large enough to support the flow these heads put otu (2 1/4" primaries going through a 4.5" collector). You are limited to a Victor Jr. style intake they offer that is $600 or the TFS tunnel ram that is very hard to get which costs $600+$70 for the top piece. If You do run the TFS tunnel ram you have to run an MSD crank trigger distributor and crank trigger as the plenum interferes with regular distributor clearance. If you buy the intake, distributor, and crank trigger from a mail order company expect to pay $1100. The only other intake option is a sheetmetal intake. Figure by time you buy the heads get rockers on them and buy the corresponding intake/exhaust, in unported form it will cost you $5000+.
-jason

Posted on Jan 19, 2002, 8:26 AM
from IP address 65.34.68.93
Respond to this message

Return to Index
Advertisement: Rent DVDs online -- Free Trial for 2 weeks!

Hide Header

·
Registered
330 Posts
OK...A bit too pricy 4 me. Thanks for the info though!

Later-
Matt

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
WOW. Needed a big shovel to dig up this post!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Yes, EX 514 Still Makes A460 heads, TFS and Eliminator also make some too. Complete New Style TFS can be had for $2300-2500

Check-out 460ford.com :: Index

1 - 9 of 9 Posts